Thursday, October 8, 2009

Chapter 1 - Lazere

Honestly, what I did with this chapter is what I did last year throughout AP English: skim through everything.
It was kinda too long to read. I'll just save it for a rainy day.

Anywho, it was interesting. I like how it completely goes against the norms of society, much like Lies My Teacher Told Me. Some words that I found not what I am used to were Special Pleading: The rhetorical fallacy of caliming to be an objective, neutral analysis in order to conceal the reality that one is an advocate for special interests. Sentamentality is the rhetorical fallacy of excessive or manipulative evocation of positive emotional appeal.

1 comment:

  1. Ya, thats really what I do when I hav to read a long chapter sometimes. I just skim it, but I read parts that look interestign or look important. But, most of the time I sit back and take as long as needed to do it. lol

    ReplyDelete